When done right, a buffalo chicken pizza can really impress. All of the ingredients used were purchased during my Whole Foods trip. Let's get this party started.
- 1 whole foods pizza dough, these come in 1 lb. bags, divide to make two
- 4 oz. chicken legs (remove skin) , pre cook with buffalo sauce (we used Wing-Time medium buffalo wing sauce)
- 3 oz. whole foods pizza sauce
- 2 oz. grated low moisture mozzarella
- 1 oz. thinly sliced red onion
- 1 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 1 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 oz. thinly sliced green onion
- Place Baking Steel on top rack of your oven. Pre-heat to 500 degrees or on full throttle (Preheat 45 minutes-1 hr).
- Stretch or roll out dough to a 12 inch cylinder, or any shape will do. Lightly flour your peel and place dough on top. I used a rolling pin, this dough tends to be challenging to stretch.
- Pre-cook chicken in Buffalo sauce, chefs choice.
- Top pizza dough with tomato sauce, and evenly distribute chicken on top.
- Launch onto your pre-heated Baking Steel and bake for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove and add fresh and low moisture mozzarella, red onion and green onion.
- Re-launch into oven on the Steel, bake till desired doneness.
- Remove and sprinkle blue cheese crumbles and remaining green onion.
Slice and Serve
Other recipes you might like