Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 230 grams AP Flour
- 20 gram shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 100 grams palm sugar
- 100 grams light brown sugar
- 170 g dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp chia seeds and 3 tbsp of water, mixed and chilled for 15 minutes. (chia mixture is replacing the eggs)
- Mix oil, water and sugars with a whisk for 1 minute until fully combined. Add chia mixture and mix together.
- Mix all dry ingredients including chocolate chips.
- Combine both mixing with wooden spoon until no visible dry flour.
- Refrigerate for 24-48 hours. (this is brutally tough)
- Ball-up dough into golfball size portions, place on a sheet tray even spaced and freeze for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven at 350 F with your Baking Steel on top rack. About 30 minutes.
- Remove sheet tray from freezer. Top each cookie with sea salt (recommended), and place tray directly on top of Baking Steel. Bake for 8 minutes. Open oven and carefully lift cookie sheet and drop directly on Baking Steel. We are doing our best to flatten cookies.
- After 2 more minutes, repeat. Bake for 3-5 minutes and remove. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Then eat.
Other recipes you might like