The Baking Steel makes everything better, even roasted vegetable quiche. Wait, what? Just toss your pie plate directly on top of your Baking Steel and you will crisp up that quiche crust like never before. Thank us later.
- 1 ea recipe BS pie dough
- 6 ea eggs, scrambled
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 oz crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 oz roasted red peppers
- 2 oz red onion, sliced thin
- 1 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 oz mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 0.5 oz parsley
- 2 oz arugula
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 F with your Baking Steel on the bottom rack.
- Gently flour your work surface and roll out your dough about 1/8 inch. Place rolled out dough into a pie dish. Bake naked for about 8-10 minutes.
- Cook all vegetables in a hot skillet or on a griddle and remove and cool.
- Mix vegetables with eggs, cheese, herbs and arugula.
- Pour mixture on top of pie crust and place onto your Baking Steel and bake for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove, slice and serve.
Other recipes you might like