Classic Cheese Calzone with our 72 Hour Pizza Dough
- 1ea - 72 Hour pizza dough
- 2 oz. no cook tomato sauce
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella, hand torn
- 6 oz. shredded fontina cheese
- Parmesan reggiano
- With your Baking Steel on the top shelf, blast your oven at 450 F for one hour to preheat.
- Stretch or roll out your dough into a 12 inch cylinder and place on a lightly dusted pizza peel. We dust ours with semolina flour and bread flour.
- Paint the sauce over half of the dough, next add both cheeses. Fold dough over half, it will look like half moon shape. Pinch the sides closed and carefully poke some holes on top to allow the steam to escape.
- Place directly on top of your Baking Steel and bake for 20 minutes, or until desired brownness.
- Remove and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice into 1 inch pieces, use some extra tomato sauce as a dipping sauce. Enjoy…
Other recipes you might like