The peppery arugula is a perfect pairing with the sweetness of the carmelized onions and the gentle, buttery flavor of the fontina. Cut through all that culinary fabulousness with a splash of balsamic and you have perfection! Create some arugula and caramelized onion pizza love this weekend and get the party started, right!
- 1 ea 72 Hour Pizza Dough
- 3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 medium size onion, sliced thin
- 75 grams (2 ounces) olive oil
- 5 grams (½ tsp) sea salt
- 75 grams arugula
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 oz balsamic
- Preheat your oven at 500 F for one hour with your Baking Steel on the top rack.
- Stretch or roll out your dough into a 12 inch cylinder.
- Place your dough onto of a lightly floured pizza peel. Give that dough a little jiggle to be assured it’s loose on top.
- Scatter the cheese on top, next add the caramelized onions.
- Bake for 4 minutes, open oven and rotate if needed. Close oven and continue baking for another 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Remove, top with arugula and drizzle with balsamic and olive oil.
Other recipes you might like